It’s that time of year! Holiday parties, gift shopping, and lots of family time and fun. But as your Port Angeles insurance agent, I have to think about the risks too. In fact, I put together a few reminders for you in this month’s article.
1. Be careful with a live Christmas tree. Real trees are beautiful but can be
hazardous. Water your tree daily and turn the lights off at night and when
you won’t be home to avoid a house fire.
2. Don’t leave gifts in your car! A lot of people don’t realize that items in their
car are NOT covered by auto insurance. While property off premises is
covered by home and renters insurance, it is typically subject to a much
higher deductible. If you must leave anything in the car, put it in the trunk
and lock the doors.
3. Traveling out of town? Don’t make it too obvious! Leave lights on in the
house, stop your mail, and leave your number with a trustworthy neighbor
who will keep an eye on your home.
4. Make sure to keep an updated insurance card in your car when you travel.
Not only is it good to have if you get pulled over, but all the information you
need is in one place if you were to have a claim.
5. Need to contact us after hours or on the holiday? No problem. Just call
6. Received some special jewelry for Christmas? Make sure to call us! We’ll
review all of your options to make sure it is properly covered and protected.
And most important? Have a safe and joy-filled holiday!
Thank you to everyone who sent in their friends and family for a quote in 2013. We gave out 21 gas cards and hope to increase that number in 2014.
Would you like to be the next winner? Simply refer a family member or friend who is not currently an Allstate customer and we will send you a gas card once they get a quote. It’s that easy!
Happy Holidays from all of us at The Elwood Agency